My new certification - PADI Rescue Diver

I am happy to say that with Aqua Hut's help, this spring I earned my PADI Rescue Diver certification. I feel really good about this achievement, for two reasons. First, I believe it has made me a better, more conscientious, confident diver. Second, I feel like I'm really participating in the SCUBA experience.

There were several steps to earning the certificate:
  1. study the text
  2. take a written exam
  3. do skills at the pool
  4. do the open water skills (this was @ Dutch Springs)
  5. take a class in First Aid/CPR and earn that certificate
It was all challenging and rewarding. Besides all the skills I learned, my biggest take-away was about preparedness BEFORE a rescue is even necessary. The idea of being able to spot and correct a small situation before it becomes a more urgent situation, really resonated with me.

If you're not ready for Rescue Training, I highly recommend everyone getting some First Aid/CPR training. You never know when you may need it.

So what's next? Well, I'm not sure. I could work towards a Master Scuba Diver, or I could head down the professional track with Divemaster. But I think my immediate next steps are just to get out there and have fun diving for a while. And maybe I'll earn some specialties along the way...


Labels:

posted by Jeff on Monday, January 26, 2015

0 Comments

 

 

 

 

 

51 Rittenhouse Place, Ardmore, PA 19003
Phone: (610) 642-3483
store hours                  directions